Thursday, October 9, 2014

Perfect Grain-Free "Pizza"


I don't want to sound like a hipster here, but I was making these vegetable pizzas before it was cool. Actually, I was gluten free before it was cool, too *wink*. I originally made this recipe with zucchini (courgette), when my mom had a freakishly huge crop in her garden one year. I had to come up with a way to incorporate it into nearly every meal, and I was missing pizza a lot in my gluten-free days, and so the veggie "pizza" was born.


This one turned out wonderful with eggplant, and it can easily be made vegan by omitting the cheese. It's not just for vegetarians though - you can add sausage, pepperoni, or more cheese. And don't forget, it is a great diet-friendly pizza alternative for those who are watching their waistlines, so feel free to come back for seconds!



No comments:

Post a Comment